20 Clever Cleaning Hacks
If you aren’t a seasoned professional some cleaning tasks may seem like quite the challenge. However, we have compiled this list of 20 clever cleaning hacks to make the cleaning process a little easier for you. Check it out:
1. Use rubbing alcohol to get stains out of a microfiber couch.
2. To get tough stains out of carpet, place a towel with one part vinegar and three parts water over the stain. Then place a warm iron over the towel to lift the stain completely.
3. Using vinegar and baking soda for oil-based stains is beneficial as well for carpet.
4. Use a hair dryer to moisten dry stains on your furniture, and then use an upholstery cleaner to remove the stain.
5. Use an old pillowcase to dust off your fan blades.
6. Use vinegar when you can’t get all of the dirt off of the blinds.
7. Clean out your kitchen sink with a mixture of ice cubes, vinegar, rock salt, lemons and baking soda.
8. Clean tile grout with Resolve.
9. Add a few drop of your favorite fragrance to the inside of the toilet roll to help your bathroom maintain a pleasant smell.
10. Use a mixture of dish-washing liquid, baking soda and vinegar to clean grease out of your oven.
11. Stove grates are easier to clean with ammonia.
12. Wax your stove-top after cleaning it off to make it shine again.
13. Lightly scrub stove vent filters with a toothbrush and Greased-Lightning.
14. Try cleaning small appliances with Cream of Tartar.
15. Put half a cup of CLR cleaner in your dishwasher to get it to function as new again.
16. Use an old toothbrush and a water and vinegar to remove hard water buildup on your showerheads and faucets.
17. Use a mixture of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide to clean your stovetop.
18. To clean messes out of the microwave use a bowl of 1 cup of water and 1 tablespoon of vinegar. Microwave the mixture for five minutes, then wipe it down with a sponge or paper towel.
19. To clean out your coffee maker, try running vinegar and water through it.
20. Use baking soda to freshen and deodorize your mattress.